Sunday, May 19, 2024

Let's Simply Walk into Mordor.

 



      So, what can social media be healthily used for, despite its many landmines? 


The significant advantage of social media is that it can create a community. I love Lord of the Rings. I can not get enough of it. I only found it through a social media post on my old Instagram. I will forever be grateful for it. Even though, I am not sure why, I have a hard time considering YouTube to be social media, I use it constantly to find educational videos. Under those videos, to a very low level of word application, a "community" organizes itself around that subject matter. Sometimes, the community can even be cohesive. I found awesome YT channels that explain obscure Tolkien lore. Some creators are from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the UK, Japan, etc. Here, social media has shone its highest idea: to connect like-minded individuals globally to grow together. It also connects Hamas terrorists through Telegram, but let`s focus on the terrorism hobbits wreak upon second breakfasts. 

I think social media can be used for good when we focus on building each other up rather than tearing each other down. It may lead us like sweet Gollum to our destiny through paths only it knows. It is key to not let our inner Smeagol come out when unfavorable interactions and temptations arise. 

1 comment:

  1. In my research, I've found that most people don't consider YouTube social media ... but then there are the people who do, and who use it in that way.

    ReplyDelete

LAST POST

WEEK 10 Post

  The Evolution of a Knowledge-Sharing Platform When finishing my knowledge-sharing project, I noticed something interesting. On their About...

LAST POST